Education and Travel Program
CHIANTI AND THE ITALIAN RIVIERA
September 22 - October 1, 2012
Join fellow alumni, parents and friends on a fabulous 9-day/8-night tour to Chianti and the Italian Riviera! This exclusive educational and travel experience is led by international author and poet, Massimo Maggiari, director of the College of Charleston's Italian program.
- Experience two of Italy's best-loved regions, Chianti and the Italian Riviera.
- Learn the art of winemaking during a private tour and tasting at Castello di Monsanto.
- Explore the storied towns of San Gimignano, Siena, Lucca and Carrara.
- Travel the Chianti Road to visit the well-preserved hill town of Castellina.
- See the ancient walled city of Lucca.
- Immerse yourself in the incomparable ambience of Florence.
- Journey to the picturesque towns of Santa Margherita, Portofino and Cinque Terre.
- Learn the secrets to preparing flavorful Tuscan cuisine during a private cooking demonstration.
Tour guide: Massimo Maggiari
Join Massimo Maggiari, director of the College's Italian program and internationally renowned author and poet. The Maggiari-led tour will trek and travel across the Italian landscapes with an appreciative eye. It's not the eye of a naturalist or vagabond, but rather the eye of a storyteller, who believes in the power of setting, and the power of landscapes to help connect people to their homes.
Born in Genoa, Italy, Maggiari will ensure guests experience the soul of Italy through its art, history, cuisine and literature, as well as through it's breathtaking landscapes.
Full Price: $3,345
Early Booking Savings: $250
Price with savings: $3,095*
*Early booking price is valid if booked by August 8. VAT is an additional $175 per person. Reservations made before July 9 must be paid in full by July 9, 2012. Reservations made after July 9 should be paid in full at the time of reservation. All prices are land only and quoted per person, based on double occupancy (unless otherwise stated) and are subject to change without notice. Single accomodations are an additional $325 (limited availability).